||Ms. Daisy Gohain
- PH.D Eng. Lit. (Pursuing) 2013
- M.Phil Eng. Lit.(University 1st Rank) Thiruvalluvar University, 2009
- M.A. Eng. Lit. (University 1st Rank), Thiruvalluvar University, 2008
- B.A. Eng. Lit., Dibrugarh University, Assam, 2005
- 1 year Diploma in Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess Training (FIAT), 2005
|Papers presented at National level Seminars/Conferences
- Presented a paper titled ‘The use of imagery in Sylvia Plath’s Poetry’ in the UGC Sponsored State level workshop on the topic ‘Revisiting the Sublime and the Beautiful’ on 17th & 18th October, 2008 held at Auxilium College, Vellore.
- Presented paper for the College Magazine ‘Sibyline’ entitled ‘Feminist approach in Virginia Woolf’s works’ conducted by the Journalism club at Auxilium College, Vellore.
- Presented a paper entitled “An arduous journey from ‘Ignorance’ to ‘Enlightment’” – A Study on Shashi Deshpande’s The Dark Holds No Terror on the National Level Seminar on “Indian Literature in English (Novel, Short Story and Drama) organised by the Research centre in English, VHNSN College, Virudhunagar on 14th December 2012.
- Presented a paper in a National Conference titled ‘Women Empowerment: A catalyst in building a robust Nation on the topic “Women’s Education in Indian society: Need for new Perspective” held on 26th of October, 2013 at Fatima College, Madurai.
- Presented a paper entitled “A Call for Confrontation: A Study of the Feminine Sensibility in Indira Goswami’s The Moth Eaten Howdah of the Tusker in the National conference on “Recent Trends in Feminism: A Tool for Social Reform” held at Fatima College on March 1st 2014.
- Presented a paper titled ‘Exploring and redefining the feminine ‘self’: A Study on the novels of Dr. Indira Goswami’ on a Two Day National Seminar conducted a UGC & TANSCHE on the topic “Perceptions and Perspectives of Women’s Writing in India” on 20th & 21st March, 2014 organised by the Department of English, School of English and Foreign Languages, Bharathidasan University, Trichy.
- Presented a paper titled “Sanskaar – The power of ‘Voice” in the UGC sponsored two day National Level Seminar on the theme “Postcolonial Aesthetic Experience: Exploring the Dialectical Nature of Postcolonial Texts” held on 27th & 28th February, 2015 held at Teresian College, Mysore, Karnataka.
- Presented a paper titled “Exploring English through Technology” in a National seminar conducted by the Department of Computer Application (BCA) titled “EMERGING & INNOVATIVE TRENDS IN COMPUTER APPLICATIONS” held on 21 February, 2013.
|Paper’s presented in International Seminars/Conferences
- Presented a paper entitled “Synergy of Ethical values and camaraderie in Fostering positive Teacher-Student Relationship” in the International Conference on “Education in India: Changes and Challenges” held on 13th April 2013.
- Presented a paper entitled “Hearing the Subaltern ‘voices’ of Resistance in the Novels of Indira Goswami” in an International Conference held by Sri Venkateswara College of Education & SAHITYA AKADEMI, New Delhi on the topic ‘Indian Writing in English: Current Critical Approaches’ on 15th March, 2014.
- Presented a paper A Journey from ‘self-effacement’ to self enlightment’ in the fictional world of Dr. Indira Goswami in an International Conference.
|Book Publications - National
- Published a paper entitled “Synergy of Ethical values and camaraderie in Fostering positive Teacher-Student Relationship” in the book “Education in India: Changes and Challenges”, ISBN No: 938068630 – 7
- Published a paper titled “An arduous journey from ‘Ignorance’ to ‘Enlightment” – A Study on Shashi Deshpande’s The Dark Holds No Terror in the book titled “New Vistas in Indian Writing in English” ISBN No: 978-93-81723-09-8, Vol. 1.
- Published a paper titled- ‘Women Empowerment: A catalyst in building a robust Nation’ in the book titled “Women’s Education in Indian Society” ISBN NO: 978-61-928113 -3-8.
- Published a paper entitled “A Call for Confrontation: A Study of the Feminine Sensibility in Indira Goswami’s The Moth Eaten Howdah of the Tusker in the book “Feminism Today”, ISBN NO: 978-81-928113-8-3.
- Published a paper entitled “Hearing the Subaltern ‘voices’ of Resistance in the Novels of Indira Goswami” in the book ‘Indian Writing in English: Current Critical Approaches’, ISBN No: 978-93-80-16-7.
Books published – International
|Published a paper entitled “Sanskaar: The Rebellious ‘voice’ of Damayanti” in “ROOTS - the International Journal of Multidisciplinary Researches, Vol: 1 February 2015 ISSN NO: 2349-8684.
Books Published in International online Journal
|Published an article titled “Religiously othered – A Subaltern Study of Indira Goswami’s Pages Stained with Blood” in the online journal ‘Galaxy’- An online International Multidisciplinary Research Journal ISSN no. 2278-9529
- Participated in the two day Seminar on the topic ‘English for Employability: Academia – Industry Perspectives’ organised by Vellore English forum and Auxilium college for Women in association with Cambridge University Press, Chennai on 27 – 28 October 2006.
- Participated in a two day UGC Sponsored National Seminar on the topic ‘Learning communication in English Through Language and Literature: Its Principles and Practices’ held on 26th and 27th of February, 2007.
- Participated in a two day UGC Sponsored National Conference on the topic “Commutainment – ” held on 8th & 9th of January, 2011 at EMG Yadava Women’s College, Thirupallai, Madurai.
- Participated in one day District level workshop on “Innovative & Interactive Teaching” organized by ELTTC (English Language Teaching Training Centre) of The Research Department of English, on 22nd September, 2012.
- Participated in a four day workshop ( September 28th – October 1st 2010) conducted in The American College on English Language Teaching titled “America Days” organized in collaboration with Ms. Corinna Ybarra Arnold, Cultural Affairs Officer, U.S. Consulate General, Chennai.
- Participated in a National workshop on ‘Comprehending Theatre’ by The Research Department of English, Fatima College, Madurai. Mr. Joshua. G, Asst. Professor & M. Phil., coordinator, Christ University, Bangalore conducted the workshop on 27th February, 2014.
- Participated in the UGC – Sponsored International Conference on “Solutions To Ecological Challenges: Multidimensional Perspective” organized with DHAN Foundation by the Departments of Economics, English, Tamil, Physics, Chemistry, Zoology & Home Science with Food Bio-Technology held from 11th December, 2014 to 13th December 2014.
- Participated in the International workshop on “English Language Teaching: Generic Activities & Strategies” conducted by Mr. John Potts, Course Director, CELTA & DELTA, TLC Baden, Switzerland and organized by The Research Department of English & English Language Teaching/ Training Centre on February 12th 2013.
|Achievements and Awards
- Received ‘General proficiency’ Award with a gold medal for the most outstanding student in I M.A. (2006 – 2007)
- Secured University 1st Rank with Distinction in M.A., Thiruvalluvar University, Vellore.
- Received a cash award the ‘Golden Jubilee Endowment Award’ with a gold medal from Auxilium College, Vellore, 2007.
- Secured University 1st Rank with Distinction in M. Phil. A cash prize of Rs. 3000 with a gold medal titled ‘Auxilium Golden Jubilee Endowment Award’ was presented for the outstanding performance in the University Examination under Thiruvalluvar University, Vellore, 2009.
- Achieved 1st prize in Inter dramatic Competition held in Shankara Arts & Science College, Enathur, Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu.
- Certificate of Merit in “YOGASANA” item as the FIRST Prize winner in Dibrugarh District, Assam.
- Secured 1st position in the YOGA KUMARI Contest held under the “PHISIQUE ASSOCIATION OF ASSAM” in district level.