||Dr. Tanusree Chakraborty
|Area of Specialization
|| Human Resources & Behavioural Science
- Ph.D in Applied Psychology from Calcutta University.
MA in Applied Psychology with Specialization in Organizational and Environmental Psychology (Group B- First Class First) from Calcutta University.
PGDHRM, MBA (HR) with Distinction-from IGNOU,St. Xavier’s College.
|| Mobile : 9804060696 / 8489760696
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Official E-mail : email@example.com
||Women Entrepreneurship, Social media, Positive psychology, Adolescence
February 21, 2011 –September 30, 2013
- Have taught in Calcutta University in the Dept of Business Management, and also served as their Asstt. Training and Placement Officer; in West Bengal State University in the PG Dept. of Psychology, was associated with Positive Strokes (Kolkata) as a Asstt. Manager (Learning and Development). Also taught in a few reputed B-Schools in Kolkata.
September 01 2010- February 20, 2011
- George College- Assistant Professor, Department of Management Studies (AICTE,WBUT), in Organizational Behaviour and Human Resource Management., Department of Management Studies (AICTE,WBUT), in Organizational Behaviour and Human Resource Management.
June 01, 09—August 14, 2010
- Visiting Faculty at West Bengal State University, IIPM , Amity Global Business School, Kolkata, Gokhale Memorial Girls’ College and George College
September 02, 2005-May 30, 2009
- International School of Business and Media (Faculty Member-Full Time in Organizational Behaviour and Human Resource Management)
February 2006-June 2006
- Asutosh College -Lecturer in the Department of Psychology. The job involved delivering lectures, conducting practical classes, organizing seminars, projects, and conducting examination (written and viva voce).
- Asutosh College Training Centre as a faculty in the WBCS, Psychology Department.
|Visiting / Guest Lectures
Visiting Faculty at Calcutta University, West Bengal State University, IIPM , Amity Global Business School, Symbiosis (Pune) Notch Up Programs, Gokhale Memorial Girls’ College and George College
- 2000 - Perceived Quality Of Life and Consumer Behavior of a Group of Bank Managers
- 2003 - Have worked as a Research Associate/Resource Person with Vivekananda Nidhi, under a project entitled “Value Education For Adolescents” sponsored by NCERT.
- 2004 - A survey work with the Steel Authority of India Limited (Growth Division) on the organizational dynamics of its various departments like Project and Engineering, Finance and Accounts, MIS, Personnel and Administration. The project included the assessment of individual and group competence in the areas of team Work, leadership, empowerment, customer orientation.
- 2004 - 2005 Conducted organizational climate and employee satisfaction poll at Secure Meters Limited; Gurgaon, Solan (Himachal Pradesh), and Kolkata. Interviewed more than 400 people in the various units of the company and administered the entire survey. Analyzed the data and prepared the complete report of the project in verbal and graphical form. (Under RCG Management Consulting)
- 2004 – 2006 - Have worked with the Department of Applied Psychology, University of Calcutta as Social Scientist on a Multicentric National Level Task Force Project entitled: ‘A Study on Reproductive and Sexual Health Education for Adolescents’ sponsored by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi.
|Publication in National Journals
- 1. Exploratory tendencies in consumer behaviour in online buying across gen X, gen Y and baby boomers, International Journal of Value Chain Management, with Janarthanan B. (in press).
- 2. Corporate Restructuring: Trail of downsizing and solutions to the survivor syndrome, EIJMMS, February issue,(with Raiswa Saha).(in press)
- 3. "No Risk, No Reward: Risk Behaviors of Adolescents at Crossroads", SIDDHANT (Vol. 17, No. 1, JAN-MARCH 2017) with Raiswa Saha (in press)
- 4. Psychological Stress of Traffic Police Officers, Causal Factors behind the Same and Their Coping Strategies., Indian Police Journal, vol L-2, pp 16-30. (2005)
- 5. Are West Bengal Police Officers Stressed? (2005), - Indian Police Journal Vol LII-I, January-March ,2005, 63-72
- 6. Short And Long-Term Problems Faced By The Trafficked Children: A Qualitative Study, 2006 , Social Science International, Vol 22, January 2006, pp 167-182
- 7. Job-Related Stress, Causal Factors and Coping Strategies of Traffic Constables.,– (2008), Journal of the Indian Academy of Applied Psychology, January vol 34, No. 1, pp-19-28, ISSN NO.-019-4247
- 8. Sexual Abuse of Adolescents and its Relation with High Risk Behavior, 2010, Indian Journal of Criminology and Criminologistics (Q), Vol 31 (2), July-Dec., 2010,pp.51-66, ISSN-09704345
- 9. Depression and Risk Behaviour among Adolescents in Kolkata,( 2010),—Indian Journal of Life Skills Education, Volume 1 Number 2 Jan 2010 P: 105 – 123, ISSN No.- 0975-6019
- 10. Processes In Child Trafficking Incidences in West Bengal: A Qualitative Study. (2005)DOI-10.1177/004908570503500208
- 11. The second shift: working women in India, (2011), Gender in Management: An International Journal, Vol. 26 Iss: 6, pp.432 – 450, Emerald Group Publishing Limited, ISSN No- 1754-2413 DOI - 10.1108/17542411111164920, Date of publication - Year -2012
- 12. Abstract published in- DCWC Research Bulletin, Vol. XVI Issue 1 January - March 2012, ISSN-0970-0765
|Papers Presented at National / International Level Seminars / Conferences
- 1. ‘Effective Women Entrepreneurship: Overview of Women’s Entrepreneurial Engagement in 21st Century: Turning Challenges into Opportunities’- Christ University, 13th feb 2017 (co authored by Raiswa Saha, Daisy Gohain, Eunice Kennet).
- 2. ‘Psychological Well Being and Grit: Mediation Analysis by Knowledge of Strength’- National Conference on Expanding Frontiers of Applied Psychology-Calcutta University. (co authored by Bipasha Chatterjee)
- 3. ‘Social Media: An Impression towards Revolution’, 17th International Business Horizon-INBUSH ERA-2017, organized by, Amity University, 10 February 2017. (co authored Raiswa Saha, Purtika Baksi)
- 4. ‘Determination is the Wakeup Call to Human Will: Do Positive Relationships, Environmental Mastery and Happiness Lead to Grit?’ - Conference proceedings at 4th International HR Conference Building Organizations of Tomorrow: Leadership Challenges of Human Capital in a Digital Workplace on February 3rd & 4th 2017 at K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai, India, (co authored by Yamini Muneeswaran & ,Kishore Sampathkumar).
- 5. To Exist is to Change: Preparedness to Embrace Change through Environmental Mastery and Subjective Vitality’, Conference proceedings at 4th International HR Conference Building Organizations of Tomorrow: Leadership Challenges of Human Capital in a Digital Workplace on February 3rd & 4th 2017 K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai, India. (co authored by Dr. Malavika Desai and Shalini Natarajan).
- 6. ‘Identity Orientation and Facebook Intensity: A Changed Way of Meeting and Staying in Touch with People’- Conference proceedings at 4th International HR Conference Building Organizations of Tomorrow: Leadership Challenges of Human Capital in a Digital Workplace on February 3rd & 4th 2017 (co authored by Yamini Muneeswaran & ,Kishore Sampathkumar).
- 7. ‘Emotional Exhaustion, Mood and Tension among a Group of Bank Employees’ vis-vis the Demonetization Phase 2016, conference Presented a paper at, The Southern Regional Conference on Management Education –A Global Perspective, 6 January 2017. (co authored by Karthika Malini, Eunice Kennet, Sriram Supreet)
- 8. ‘Does Self-Belief and Proactivity Ensure Success? Perspectives of Women Entrepreneurs’- Presented paper at IIT, Madras, 29-31 December 2016, at Annual NAOP Conference at IIT Madras.
- 9. ‘The Role of Exploratory Tendencies in Consumer Behaviour and Intention to Buy Online: Moderation Analysis using Big Five Personality Dimensions’ – presented a paper at on 22-24th December, 2016, at IIM Calcutta. (co authored by Janarthanan B)
- 10. ‘A Way forward to Women Empowerment in India: A Snapshot of Enablers and Barriers’- Conference proceedings- International Conference on Gender and Empowerment, 16th -17th December at Bijoy Krishna Girls’s College, Kolkata. (co authored by Bipasha Chatterjee)
- 11. ‘A Lifelong Learner is a Lifelong Winner: Role of Skill Development in Success of Entrepreneurship’. Conference Abstract proceedings- 9-10th December 2016, at IMI Bhubaneshwar. (co authored by Yamini Muneeswaran & ,Kishore Sampathkumar)
- 12. ‘Organizational Disaster During Global Recession: Role of HR in Managing Downsizing’, in the International Conference on Managing Disaster-A Strategic Perspective on , 29th-30th September 2016, organized by Fatima College, Madurai. (co authored by Sathyakymar J, Vidya Suresh).
- 13. ‘Aftershock: Role of HR in Disaster Resilience’, in the International Conference on Managing Disaster-A Strategic Perspective, organized by Fatima College, Madurai, 29th-30th September 2016. (co authored by Rajiv R, Dharini R)
- 14. ‘Nature vs Nurture: Are Women Entrepreneurs Born Or Made?’, in the International Conference of Facets of Doing Business in Emerging Markets, organized by IMT Ghaziabad in association with College of Business Administration, University of Texas, El Paso; July 28-30, 2016
- 15. Job Satisfaction: Its Relation To Employee Engagement And Organizational Role Stress Among A Group Of Banking Professionals- presented a paper at National Conference on Emerging Research Paradigms in Business Management on 3rd March 2012.
- 16. A Probe Into the Nature of Risk Behavior, Psychological Stress, Depression and Adjustment Pattern among a Group Of Female Students OF Kolkata City- National Conference On Applied Psychology- Trends And Direction, January 21-23, 2005
- 17. ‘Organizational Role Stress, Role Efficacy, Role Clarity and Job Satisfaction among Group of Insurance Worker’s- presented a paper at National Conference on Emerging Research Paradigms in Business Management on 3rd March 2012.
- 18. The Processes In Child Trafficking Incidences in West Bengal: A Qualitative Study- International Conference On Applied And Community Psychology: Trends And Directions held during Feb.6-8, 2005 in Haridwar, India. National Conference on Applied Psychology- Trends And Direction, January 21-23, 2005
- 19. A Probe In To The Nature Of Risk Behavior Of a Group of Female Students in Kolkata City- National Conference On Applied Psychology- Trends And Direction, January 21-23, 2005
- 20. ‘The Processes In Child Trafficking Incidences in West Bengal: A Qualitative Study' Participated as a speaker in the International Conference On Applied And Community Psychology: Trends And Directions. Feb.6-8, 2005 in Haridwar, India.
- 21. “A Probe In To The Nature Of Risk Behavior Of a Group of Female Students in Kolkata City”; “A Probe in to the Nature Of Risk Behavior , Psychological Stress and Adjustment Of Female Students”, Participated as a speaker in the National Conference On Applied Psychology: Trends And Direction,
- 1. Applied and Community Psychology (2 Vol.set) edited by S.K. Srivastava, The Processes in Child Trafficking Children: A Qualitative Study- Sarup & Sons, Page- 163-173
- 2. Empowerment of Neo Literates by Surya Kumar Srivastava,Year-2010 ,The Processes in Child Trafficking Children :A Qualitative Study, Prabhat Kumar Sharma for Sarup & Sons, Page- 163-173
- 3. Organizational Disaster during Global Recession: Role of HR in Managing Downsizing
- 4. Aftershock: Role of HR in Disaster Resilience,
- 5. Job Satisfaction, Social and Industrial Psychology, B.B. Kundu Grandson
- 1. Have conducted approx.80 training/MDPs in the area of Behavioral Science/Soft Skills (2011-2014) encompassing roughly 150 man days in both public and private sector companies. Axis Bank, Indian Oil Corporation, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited, Oil India, NHPC, NTPC, Damodar Valley Corporation, TATA AIG, Exide Industries to Hi Tech Arai, TVS Rubber name a few.
- 2. Associated as empanelled Training Facilitator with Centum Learning (Delhi, Mumbai), Positive Strokes (Kolkata), Zest India (Kolkata), Work Better India, HUM Consulting (Hyderabad) and West Bengal State Productivity Council
Seminars and Conferences organized at National level
Organized a National Level Conference titled- Emerging Research Paradigms in Business Management, on 3rd March 2012, at George College in association with WBUT with 52 national delegates from various fields of Management.
- 1. Attended a workshop on RESEARCH ORIENTATION & PHILOSOPHY: CHALLENGES AND WAY FORWARD by Dr. Prakash Vel, Professor of University of Wollongong, Dubai organized by TSM on 13th August, 2016
- 2. Attended Pre Conference Workshop on Structural Equation Modelling at IIT- Madras, 28 December 2016,
- 3. Attended a one-day HR-Summit organized by the Indian Chamber of Commerce.
- 4. Attended a one-day HR-Summit organized by the Indian Chamber of Commerce.
- 5. Attended a One Day Workshop on Stress and HRD organized by the Department of Psychology, Calcutta University.
- 6. Chakraborty, Tanusree and Deb, Sibnath “A Probe In To The Nature Of Risk Behavior Of a Group of Female Students in Kolkata City”; “A Probe in to the Nature Of Risk Behavior , Psychological Stress and Adjustment Of Female Students”
- 7. Participated as a speaker in the National Conference On Applied Psychology: Trends And Direction, Chakraborty, Tanusree and Deb, Sibnath (2005). The Processes In Child Trafficking Incidences in West Bengal: A Qualitative Study. Participated as a speaker in the International Conference On Applied And Community Psychology: Trends And Directions. Feb.6-8, 2005 in Haridwar, India.
- 8. Attended A Three Day Training Program On Reproductive Health At Medical College, Trivandrum
- 9. Attended A Four-Day Multidisciplinary Training Programme On Child Abuse And Neglect Organized By Metropolitan Institute Of Developmental Studies And Social Welfare (MIDSW) In Association With West Bengal Police Training Branch and ISPCAN
- 10. Participated in a ‘One Day Workshop on Adolescent Reproductive Health’, organized by the ICMR Task Force Project, Dept of Applied Psychology, sponsored by the Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi & West Bengal State AIDS Prevention and Control Society
- 11. Attended A Four-Day Multidisciplinary Training Programme On Child Abuse And Neglect Organized By Metropolitan Institute of Developmental Studies And Social Welfare in Association with West Bengal Police Training Branch and ISPCAN
- 12. Participated in the 54th Annual National Conference, Indian Psychiatric Society
||Recipient of National Merit Scholarship under MHRD (Govt. of India) for B.A. (Hons) examination 2000.