|| Dr. N Manjula
|| Dean MBA
|Area of Specialization
- PhD ( Mother Teresa University-2014)
- M.Phil (Madurai Kamaraj University 2002-2004)
- M.B.A (SVN College, Madurai affiliated to Madurai Kamaraj University
|| Mobile : 98946-56546
Official E-mail id
Currently pursuing the Doctoral programme with Mother Teresa University on the
topic, “ Consumer retention Model for the Mobile service providers with
special reference to prepaid mobile service in Tamil Nadu” under the
guidance of Dr. N.Rajasekar, Head of the Department of Business
Administration, Thiagarajar College of Arts and Science, Madurai.
- Dean MBA , Thiagarajar School of Management , 2013
- Assistant Professor- Thiagarajar school of Management, Madurai, June 2006
- Senior Lecturer – K.L.N.College of Engineering, Madurai , June 1999-May
Implementation of CSR- A study of Selective Indian Firms “International Journal of Business Economic and Management Research,Vol.2 Issue 7 p:137-146 online ISSN : 2229-4848.
‘Transformational Leadership’, OD
Communications, July, 2002.
‘E- Branding’ , OD Communications , April 2004
Rural Entrepreneurship among the youth in Madurai
District, TEJAs, Volume 1, June 2004, Issue 2, The Thiagarajar Journal
of Arts and Science.
Performance of women Entrepreneurs: A Two Way
Discrimininant Analysis- Journal of Gender and Progress Volume 1, Number2,
Tracking Organisational effectiveness through
Transformational Leadership, “SRM Management Digest”, Volume 4 , April
Contributed a chapter for the book authored by
Prof.Sounderapandian “ Green Productivity practices in small and medium
Consumer satisfaction and loyalty derived from the
perceived quality of Cellular operator’s Services : A field study in
Madurai City, p.-182,Emerging Trends in Service Sector compiled by
V.S.Vyas and Deepak Joshi ,J.V publishing House, 2010. ISBN No:
Papers presented at National level seminars/conferences
- “ Six Sigma Techniques”, National Seminar on Total Quality
Management organized by Karpagam College of Engineering, Coimbatore, 08.03.2003
- “ “Green Productivity Practices of small and Medium Enterprises”
, organized by Gandhigram University, 12th and 13th of January ,
- “Global Marketing opportunities and Challenges in FMCG Sector”,
National Seminar organized by K.S.R. College of Technology, Tiruchengode,
27th February, 2005.
- “Marketing of Agricultural Products”, presented at National
Conference on Strategic Planning for Rural Markets, organized by PSNA
College of Engineering and Technology, Dindigul, on 1st October 2005.
- “Leadership for a prosperous India”, presented at the National
Conference on HR Practices in the Knowledge Management Era at Karpagam
College of Engineering, Coimbatore on 24th February, 2006.
- Presented a paper on Global Business Leadership for excellence
conducted by Madurai Management Association on 21.02.2007
- Presented a paper titled “Medical Tourism – The marketing
perspective in the Indian Scenario” on 07.03.2008 and 08.03.2008
organized by the Department of Management Studies, Kalasalingam
- Presented a paper titled “A study on the model of Consumer
switching Behavior in cellular service industry with special reference
to GSM operators in Madurai city” on 07.03.2008 and 08.03.2008
organized by the Department of Management Studies, Kalasalingam
- Presented a paper titled “A study on Model of self efficacy and
response to service in cellular service industry with special reference
to GSM operators in Madurai city, on 15.03.2008 in the National
conference on Emerging paradigms in Management at, The American College,
- Presented a paper on Empowering Employees for Performance Excellence
Organized by Madurai Management Association on 22.02.2010.
Papers presented at International level seminars/conferences
- Women – Guardians of Values” , INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON
SPIRITUAL WISDOM for a value based society, organized by Annamalai
University And Brahma Kumaris, Mount Abu, Rajasthan, 06.11.2004 &
- “Impulse Buying Behavior in an Indian Transitional Economy”,
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON MARKETING PARADIGMS FOR EMERGING ECONOMIES
organized by and at INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT , AHMEDABAD, 12th and
13th , January, 2005
- Presented a paper titled “A study on the determinants of
customer repurchase intension of mobile services in Madurai city”, at
the International conference on Researching for transforming the society
, Mother Teresa Womens’ University Research & Extension centre ,
Chennai organized by Mother Teresa Womens University , Kodaikanal, on
18.02.2008 and 19.02.2008
- Presented a paper on Crowd Sourcing :Trivial few and vital many in
the International Conference on “ International Marketing in Asia
Pacific Issues and Challenges” organized by Dr. GRD School of Commerce
&International Business,Coimbatore on 4th and 5th of November 2009
- Presented a paper titled “Productivity through Strategic
- Management: A Study on Retail Industry with Special Reference to
"Consumer Electrical Appliance” in the International Conference on
- Excellence organized by SRM University, Chennai on 23rd
|Seminars and Conferences organized at International
- Attended a One day Seminar organised by Madras Management Association
- A one week work along project with Cavinkare ,Chennai for studying distribution Management from June 11- June 15,2012
- Faculty Development Programme organized by XAVIER INSTITUTE OF
MANAGEMENT , BANGALORE, June 11th – July 1st, 2000
- Staff Development Programme on Effective Teaching Methods,
K.L.N.College of Engineering, Madurai.
- One Day workshop on Analytical Aspects of Business Research, PSG
Institute of Management, Coimbatore, 21.09.2002
- Workshop on Case teaching and writing, DJ Academy for Managerial
Excellence, Coimbatore, 16.02.2004.
- Management Teachers Programme on Strategic Management Foundation
Course, INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT, BANGALORE, 24.05.2004 to
- One Day workshop on Team Building organized by Madurai Management
Association on 30.11.2006
- A Two Day National Level Conference on “Brand Management”
organized by Guruvayurappan Institute of Management , Coimbatore, on
22.09.2006 and 23.09.2006 at Hotel Residency, Coimbatore.
- Participated in the Management Development Programme Organised by
VIT Business School, On Branding for Profit- Increase Sales and Customer
Loyalty on September 22,2007
Faculty Development Programme on ‘Pedagogy in
Management Teaching’ on 15th and 16th of April, 2008 organised by
Thiagarajar School of Management Two eminent personalities from IIMB-
Prof. S. Jegadish and Prof. Vishnuprasad Nagadevara were the key
- Workshop on Case Method of Teaching and Case Writing on 26th,
27th&28th May, 2008 . Prof.S.Jagdish, IIM, Bangalore acted as the
- Participated in a One-day Faculty Development Programme on SPSS
on 31st January 2009. Mr. Rakesh E. Mohandass, Consultant, SPSS, South
Asia was the Resource Person.
- Workshop on Data Analysis and Research Techniques during 11to
16th May, 2009 at IIM, Kozhicode.
- Attended Two days workshop on “Application of advanced
Statistical tools in Management Research” Annamalai University,
Chidambaram on 23rd and 24th January, 2010.
- Organised a Rural Expo in Thevaram, Theni District on 26th and
27th January, 2008.
- Orgnanised an Expo called Yadhumahi 2009 on the eve of the womens
day on 7th and 8th of March, 2009 at the Arasaradi Railway Grounds in
- Organised ANTARPRERANA 2010 on February 5th, 2010, an
Awareness Seminar for the undergraduate students.
- Organised Second National conference on Emerging Trends in Business
Strategies and Information Systems on 12th February, 2010.
- Organised a workshop on Project Development and Applications on
September, 2010 for the Undergraduate students.
|Guest lectures/ Resource person outside for the Academic Year 2010-2011at
- Data analysis and Interpretation in Marketing Research for the II MBA students in Kalasalingam University, Krishnankoil.
- Data analysis and Interpretation in Marketing Research for III BBA students in NS college of Arts and Science, Theni.
- Self confidence and Motivation for the BBA students in Fatima College, Madurai.
- Trends in consumer Behavior in Valluvar Arts and Science college, Karur.
- Emerging Trends in Advertising for BBA students in Valluvar Arts and Science college, Karur.
- Research Methodology for the BBA students in SFR College of Arts and Science, Sivakasi.
- Emerging trends in Retailing for the Commerce students, Mannar Thirumalainayakkar College, Madurai.
- Entrepreneurship Development for the MBA students in American College, Madurai.
- Consumer Behaviour for the IT students in Lady Doak College, Madurai.
- Performance appraisal methods for MBA students at Park school of Global Business Excellence ,Coimbatore
- Delivered a lecture on “Rural marketing and consumer Behavior” for the dealers of Indian Oil Corporation at the KSK Annual Convention at Hotel Sangam on 11 February, 2010.
- Delivered a lecture on Marketing Challenges for the Self Help Group Women organized by MADITTSSIA and Tamil Nadu Women Development Corporation.
|Consultancy/Training services extended
- Trained India Post employees
- A marketing consultant for MSSRF, Chennai for Bio Fertilisers
- University 8th Rank holder in BBA (1997)
- University 5th Rank holder in MBA (1999)
|Other membership in universities/colleges
- Member of Curriculum Development Council (CDC) for BBA Department –
Arul Anandar College (Autonomous) Karumathur, Madurai
- Member of Temple City Junior Chamber (1999- 2001)
- Member of Madurai Management Association
- Advisory Board Member- MBA Department, S.Vellaichamy Nadar College, Nagamalai, Madurai
- Co-coordinator , Industry Institute Interaction Panel , Confederation of Indian Industries , Madurai