Prof Balaji has fourteen years of work experience in academics and industry. He has completed his Ph.D thesis in perishable food supply chain management at IIT Madras. His long term objective is to be an innovative and competitive academic professional by exploring new horizons and contribute by doing research. Being a knowledge facilitator, he continuously learns Operations Management, World Class Manufacturing practices, Decision analysis tools & techniques, Logistics, Materials and Supply chain management and he teaches post graduate students of management with suitable pedagogical tools.His Specialties are Lean Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management. He coordinates the alumni relations at TSM and various events like Convocation, etc.
Area of Research: Food Supply Chain Management and Sustainability
Balaji, M., &Arshinder, K. (2016). Modeling the causes of food wastage in Indian perishable food supply chain. Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 114, 153-167.
Area of teaching: Operations & Quantitative Methods
- Operations Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Service Operations
- Business Statistics
Membership and Certifications
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt by DoMS, IIT Madras
- Life Member of Institution of Engineers, India
- Life Member of Indian Society of Technical Education
- Life Member of Quality Circle Forum of India
- A Conceptual Model for Indian Fresh Produce Supply Chain Performance, 2016/12, XX Annual International Conference of Society of Operations Management-SOM 2016, ISBN: 978-1-78635-418-1, Published by Emerald.
- System Dynamics Approach for Management of Perishable Fresh Produce Supply Chain, 2016/4, International Conference on Emerging Trends in Science, Technology, Agriculture & Management-2016, ISBN: 978-93-84124-70-0, Published by Central Agricultural University, Gangtok, Sikkim.
- Optimisation of Production Planning in Supply Chains using Evolutionary Optimisation Algorithms, 2008/12, Proceedings of SCMIS 2008 - NIT Trichy, ISBN 023-063-688-8, Published by NIT Trichy.
- Improving the Service Quality by Continuous Improvement Using Quality Circles Approach, 2008/3, National Conference on Service Sector-Kalasalingam University.
- Online Automated Product Identification & Inspection for Intelligent Manufacturing using Machine Vision System, 2005/2, National Conference on Emerging Technologies in Advanced Manufacturing-ETAM, KLN College of Engineering, Madurai.
- Online Robot Vision for Geometrical Dimensional Accuracy byNon-Contact Inspection of Heterogeneous Objects, 2004/1, International conference on Responsive Supply Chain and Organizational Competitiveness - RSC 2004, Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore.
- Vision Guided Robust Robotic Manipulator for High Precision Movements, 2004/1, National Conference on Modeling and Analysis of Production Systems-NIT Trichy.