- Dona Ghosh is the topper (2013) of M.Phil (Economics) atVisva Bharati, Santiniketan.
- She has strong skill of data analysis and knowledge of a wide range of software like R, STATA, SPSS, Atlasti (qualitative data only), and ArcGIS.
- She also has various achievements in canvas painting (abstract art).
Ghosh is apassionate researcher and teacher with 1.5 years of academic and 1 year of research experience. She has worked on Health and Social Vulnerability of Aged Population in Indiaduring her PhD from IITKGP. She is open for consultancies in data analysis and research in the fields of demography, health, labour, and digital economy.
Area of Research: Aging, Health Economics, and Labour Economics
- Husain, Z., & Ghosh, D. (2017). Analysis of perceived health status elderly in India: Gender and positional objectivity. Samanta, T. (Eds). In Cross-and Cross-Disciplinary Perspectives in Social Gerontology (pp. 177-202). Springer: Singapore.
- Jena, L. K., Bhattacharyya, P., Hati, L., Ghosh, D., & Panda, M. (2014). Emotional intelligence & prosocial behaviour: Multidimensional trait analysis of technical students. Journal of Strategic Human Resource Management,3(2).
Area of teaching: Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, and Econometrics
- “Self-Reported health status and its consistency: Evidence from a developing country” presented in the International Seminar on Population, Health, and Development: Global and National Policy Perspectives during 15-17 February, 2018.
- “An anecdote of health inequality during old age in India” presented on the Research Scholars’ Day on 9th September, 2016.
- “The trajectories of self-perceived quality of life of elderly” presented in the 52nd Annual Conference of the Indian Econometric Society during 4th to 6th January, 2016.
- “Impact of gender aspect on self-perceived quality of life of elderly” presented in the 11th Annual Conference on Economic Growth and Development during 17th to 19th December, 2015.
- “Impact of economic development on fertility rate: Some panel data evidence” presented in the 51st Annual Conference of the Indian Econometric Society during 12-14 December, 2014.
- “Health perceptions under social conditioning in India” presented at 17th Biennial Conference of Association of Gerontology, India and International Conference on Engaging and Empowering the Elderly during 15-16 September, 2014.
- “Prospects of India to meet future demand: A study of pulses and oilseeds economy” presented in a UGC Sponsored National Conference on Inclusive Growth, Business and Environment in India’s Emerging Economy 6-7 September, 2013.
- “Changing trajectories agricultural growth and relevance of total factor productivity - A state level analysis of oilseeds and pulses economy of India” presented in a National Seminar on Changing Rural Scenario in the New Millennium during 22-23 March, 2013.