- Has over three years of Industry Experience and been recognized with the Award of Excellence for the year 1999 by the concern.
- Has published the case on “Thalir Thiran Thittam” in The Case Centre, USA.
Dr. Selvalakshmi has over 18 years of experience in teaching subjects such as Marketing Strategy and Business Communication. She has handled various administrative roles in the Institution and is serving as the Principal since 2015. She is a passionate Corporate trainer having trained executives of Airtel India Ltd, Ramco Cements, ICICI Prudential Life, HDFC, Eveready Industries, TVS Tyres, Honeywell Technology Solutions to name a few.
Area of Research: Service Quality and Education.
- Selvalakshmi.M , Mutharasi.P (2017)Ethical Perceptions of Business Management Students and the Role of Gender and Educational Background, International Journal of Business Ethics in Developing Economies, Volume 6, Issue 1, June 2017
- Selvalakshmi.M (2016) Inculcating Entrepreneurial Skills among Management Students, Journal of Entrepreneurship and Management, Volume 5 , Issue 3
- Selvalakshmi M, K. Ravi Chandran (2015) Factors determining the perceived retail service quality among the women customers, Sona Global Management Review, Vol No:9, Issue 4, ISSN:0973-9947
- Selvalakshmi.M,(2014) Predictability of Student Skills from the Past Educational Performance, Vilakshan, XIMB Journal of Management, Vol.11, No.2, September 2014, (115-126)
- Selvalakshmi et al (2013) Managerial Challenges of Inclusive Growth, ISBN-978-3-659-36228-6, Published by LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, April 15, 2013.
- Selvalakshmi.M, Anurani. R R, Consumer Tastes and Preferences towards Ice Creams with special reference to Arun Ice creams, TBR, (Vol.1, No.1, Dec. 2013) ISSN:2348-3784
- Selvalakshmi.M, Sweta N, Pratap. T,(2012) Case Study-Life skills program for the young (Thalir Thiran Thittam) Reference no. 312-286-1 in The case centre(earlier ecch)
- Selvalakshmi, M., Probing: An Effective Tool of Communication (November 26, 2012). The IUP Journal of Soft Skills, Vol. VI, No. 3, pp. 55-58, September 2012. Available at SSRN: http://ssrn.com/abstract=2181201
- M. Selvalakshmi, Dr. K. Ravichandran, “Customer Service at its Zenith?!!, Marketing Mastermind, September 2010
- M. Selvalakshmi, R. Sankaranarayanan, “Bringing efficacy through discovery Learning”, Indian Journal of Training and Development, Volume XXXVIII No.4, October- December, 2008
Area of teaching: Marketing and Strategy
- Marketing Management
- Services Marketing
- Strategic Management
- Managerial Communication
Membership, Consultancies and MDP’s:
- Consultancy assignment for Madurai based MSME’s Smaart Home Furnitures and Arumugam Medicals on the study on Market Potential.
- Representative of the Madurai Kamaraj University in the Board of Studies of V.H.N.S.N College, Virudhunagar and SVN College, Madurai
- Attended the Faculty Development Programme organized by XIME, Bangalore on Leadership in Education on 15-16 October at XIME campus.
- Attended the 9th INDIAN MANAGEMENT CONCLAVE 2018 August 3-4, 2018, Organized by: MBAUniverse.com at IIM Bangalore Campus
- Attended the 11th NASMEI conference at Great Lakes, Chennai on 22-23rd Dec., 2017 and presented a paper.
- Presented Paper on “Corporate social responsibility reporting: A study of top ten Indian companies“ in the IIMA FDP Alumni Conference on Ethics& social responsibility of Business 20th & 21st December 2013 organized by GITAM Institute of Management, Vizagapatam.
- Attended the National Workshop on Strategic Decisions using Industry Analysis organized by Christ University, Bangalore, November, 2013