- A Chartered Accountant and a gold medallist in the Post-graduate Management Accountancy Course (Part I) of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India,Professor Venkiteswaran was a faculty with the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIMA) from 1988 till his retirement in 2014.
- He has continued to be a visiting faculty at IIMA and earlier also at IIM Udaipur.
- He was Director of TSMin an earlier stint during 2010-12, while on leave from IIMA. Previously he had held managerial positions in companies such as Rallis India Limited, Mumbai and Tube Investments of India Limited, Chennai etc. in a career spanning nearly 15 years.
Professor Venkiteswaran is currently the Director of Thiagarajar School of Management (TSM), Madurai
He continues to actively pursue his varied professional interests spanning corporate governance, corporate strategies, strategic, financial and structuring aspects of mergers & acquisitions (M&A) and corporate restructuring, stakeholder value management issues. He has been a consultant to public and private sector companies as well as Central and State government agencies particularly in the areas of corporate and financial strategies, business and company valuation, mergers and restructuring and corporate governance. He is currently an Independent Director on the Board of Bharat Oman Refineries Limited and Fino Payments Bank Limited. He had earlier served as an Independent Director on the Boards of companies such as Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited, Virgo Engineers Limited, Gujarat State Electricity Corporation Limited, Gujarat State Petronet Limited etc.
His managerial experience spanned management accounting and reporting, financial planning and treasury management and corporate planning functions.
At IIMA Professor Venkiteswaran has been teaching, besides core courses in Strategic Management, Financial Management and Managerial Accounting, specialised and highly-acclaimed courses on Mergers, Acquisitions, Corporate Restructuring, Company and Business Valuation and Corporate Governance in the post-graduate as well as executive education programmes (EEPs.) He has also published cases and articles in these areas.
Area of teaching: Strategy, Finance and related subjects.
Membership, Consultancies and MDP’s
- He has been of member of special task force/committees constituted by government and government agencies.
- During 2009-10 he served as a member of the Takeover Regulations Advisory Committee (TRAC) constituted by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) to review and recodify SEBI's takeover regulations.
- Earlier he was a member of the Central Direct Taxes Advisory Committee, Ministry of Finance, Government of India (2005-08) and a member the Study Group on Mutual Funds set up by the Government of India for evolving an appropriate regulatory framework for the mutual funds industry in India.