- Dr. Sonal H. Singh is awarded with Faculty Development Fellowship from University of Nebraska Omaha, USA in 2016.
- She has published 1 SSCI indexed ("A" Grade) and 2 Scopus journals (including 1 SCI and 2 ABDC ‘C’ category).
Dr. Sonal Singh is passionate researcher and teacher with 1.5 years of industrial experience. Dr. Sonal Singh has completed her PhD from IIT Kharagpur in the area of innovation for entrepreneurship development. During her PhD, she has explored the entrepreneurial potential of the grassroots innovation in Indian context. She worked as intern for one month (2016) in University of Nebraska, USA. She has good experience of working on national and international projects.
Area of Research: Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Sustainable Development
List of Research Publications
- Singh, A., Sindhav, B., Eesley, D., Bhowmick, B. (2018). Investigating the role of ICT intervention in grassroots innovation using structural equation modelling approach, Sadhana, 43(7), 104.
- Singh, S. and Bhowmick, B. (2016). Innovation Network for Entrepreneurship Development in Rural Indian Context: Exploratory Factor Analysis. International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management, 13(4).
- Singh, S. and Bhowmick, B. (2015). An Exploratory Study for Conceptualization of Rural Innovation in Indian Context. Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences, 207, 807-815.
- Singh, Sonal H., Bhaskar Bhowmick, Dale Eesley, and Birud Sindhav. "Grassroots innovation and entrepreneurial success: Is entrepreneurial orientation a missing link?." Technological Forecasting and Social Change (2019).
- Singh, S. and Bhowmick, B. (2017) Research on Rural Innovation in India: Evaluating Factors of Microfinance Innovation, Innovative Management Solutions for Competitive Advantages, Excel India Publishers,74-87.
- Singh, S. and Bhowmick, B. (2015). A study on Evaluating Factors of Community Innovation in Rural Indian Context. Proceeding of Eleventh Biennial Conference on Entrepreneurship, Bookwell, I, 401-409.
Area of teaching: BOP Marketing, Entrepreneurship and Strategic Management
- Bottom of Pyramid Marketing
- Global Competitive marketing Strategy
Paper presented in International Conferences:
- Singh, S. and Bhowmick, B. (2015). A study for conceptualization of technological innovation in rural Indian context. Third International Conference on Innovation and Creativity at Grassroots, IIM Ahmedabad.
- Singh, S. and Bhowmick, B. (2015). Research on Rural Innovation in India: Evaluating Factors of Microfinance Innovation. 8th ISDSI International Conference, Pune, Maharashtra, India.
- Singh, S. and Bhowmick, B. (2015). A study on Evaluating Factors of Community Innovation in Rural Indian Context. Eleventh Biennial Conference on Entrepreneurship, EDI, Ahmedabad.
- Singh, S. and Bhowmick, B. (2015). An Exploratory Study for Conceptualization of Rural Innovation in Indian Context. 11th International Strategic Management Conference, Vienna, Austria.
- Singh, S., Eesley, D., Bhowmick, B. and Sindhav, B. (2017). Impact of Grassroots Innovation on Entrepreneurial Orientation in Indian Context. 58th Meeting of the Mountain Plains Business Conference, University of Nebraska at Omaha, USA.
- Singh, S. and Bhowmick, B. (2017). Community Collaboration: Roles as its Implication in Grassroots Innovation Strategy. Strategic management Society Conference, Costa Rica, USA.