- Dr. Prasanta Chopdar is known for his pioneering works on Mobile shopping apps adoption and use in both national and cross-cultural context.
- He is also currently leading the Indian part of a global survey on Smart Cities.
- He is an exponent in software like SmartPLS, AMOS and SPSS.
Dr. Prasanta Chopdar is a faculty in the area of Marketing in Thiagarajar School of Management, Madurai. He has nearly 15 years of experience in industry, academics and research. He completed his PhD from NIT Trichy in the area of Mobile Shopping Adoption. His research expertise has contributed to his publications in top-tier journals like Behaviour & Information Technology and Computers in Human Behavior. He is eager to build on his academic and research foundations for continued professional development through training and consultancy on M-commerce, E-commerce, New Technology Adoption.
Area of Research: M-commerce/ M-shopping, Cross-cultural issues in consumer behaviour, Smart Cities
List of Research Publications
- Chopdar Prasanta Kr and V.J. Sivakumar, “Understanding continuance usage of mobile shopping applications in India: The role of espoused cultural values and perceived risk,” accepted at Behaviour & Information Technology, DOI:10.1080/0144929X.2018. 1513563 (Indexed in SCI, SSCI, ABDC ‘A’ Listed).
- Chopdar Prasanta Kr, Nikolaos Korfiatis, V.J. Sivakumar and Miltiades D. Lytras, (2018), “Mobile shopping apps adoption and perceived risks: A cross-country perspective utilizing the Unified Theory of Acceptance and Use of Technology,” Computers in Human Behavior, 86, 109-128. (Indexed in SSCI, ABDC ‘B’ Listed).
- Chopdar Prasanta Kr and V.J. Sivakumar, (2018), “Understanding psychological contract violation and its consequences on mobile shopping applications use in a developing country context,” Journal of Indian Business Research, Vol. 10 Issue: 2, pp.208-231, <https://doi.org/10.1108/JIBR-07-2017-0109>. (Indexed in Scopus, ABDC ‘C’ Listed).
- Chopdar Prasanta Kr and V.J. Sivakumar, (2018), “Impulsiveness and its impact on behavioural intention and use of mobile shopping apps: a mediation model,” accepted at International Journal of Business Innovation and Research (Forthcoming). (Indexed in Scopus).
- Chopdar Prasanta, (2013), “Perceptual mapping of different toothpaste brands: An empirical study in Bhubaneswar market,” South Asian Journal of Marketing & Management Research, Vol. 3 Issue: 4, pp. 71-84.
- Pattnaik Pradeep and Chopdar Prasanta, (2013), “Green Marketing: An innovative step towards sustainable development,” International Research Journal Of Commerce, Business And Social sciences, vol-1, issue -10, page-28, ISSN-2277-9310.
Area of teaching: Marketing Management, Business Research Methods
- Marketing Management
- Business Research Methods
- Retail Management
- Social Marketing
Industry Experience:Pentasoft Technology, ICICI Bank, Cipla Pharmaceuticals
- “Manifestations of psychological contract violation influencing word of mouth intention of mobile shopping apps: Retailer reputation as moderator,” 11th NASMEI International Marketing Conference, Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai, 2017.
- “An empirical study on service Quality of Airtel Money in Bhubaneswar,” International Seminar on Sustaining Competitive Advantage In Service Sector (SUCAS), SOA university, Bhubaneswar, 2015.
- “Green Marketing: An Innovative Step Towards Sustainable Development,” 1st International conference on advances in business, management and engineering technology and social sciences, Choice College of Arts and Commerce, Pune, 2013.