Dr. P. Sivapragasam is an HR management educator with a Doctorate in Management from Pondicherry University and relevant corporate exposure. Prior to joining TSM Madurai, Dr. P. Sivapragasam worked as Assistant Professor for Five Years at Madras School of Social Work (Autonomous), Chennai.
Area of Research: Corporate Social Responsibility, Environmental Sustainability, Family Business Research, Human Resource Management, Organizational Behaviour, Change & Development
- Sivapragasam, P., & Kavitha, S. (2018). Water Problems and Public Participation in Chennai City: An Empirical Study. TheMadras School of Social Work Journal, 12(1&2), 30-46.
- Sivapragasam, P., & Raya, R.P. (2018). HRM and Employee Engagement Link: Mediating Role of Employee Well-Being. Global Business Review, 19(1), 147-161.
- Sivapragasam, P., & Raya, R.P. (2015). A Model of Healthy Organization: Conceptual Model and Empirical Validation. AIMS International Journal of Management, 9(1), 35-56.
- Sivapragasam, P., & Raya, R.P. (2015). HOPE: Developing a Model of Healthy Organization among Knowledge Professionals. GITAM Journal of Management, 13(3), 154-168.
- Sivapragasam, P., & Raya, R.P. (2014). Exploring the Link between Job Quality and Employee Well-being: An Empirical Study. Asia-Pacific Journal of Management Research and Innovation, 10(4), 267-277.
- Raya, R.P., & Sivapragasam, P. (2013). Healthy Organization Construct: A Review and Research Agenda. Indian Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 17(3), 89-93.
- Sivapragasam, P., & Raya, R.P. (2013). Organizational Health: Knowledge Sectoral Employees. SCMS Journal of Indian Management, 10(4), 55-62.
- Sivapragasam, P., & Raya, R.P. (2013). HRM and Sustainability: The Need for a Critical Balance. Kegees Journal of Social Sciences, 5(1), 73-77.
- Sivapragasam, P., & Raya, R.P. (2012). Utilization of Electronic Resources among Research Scholars: An Exploratory Study. AIM Explore, 9(1), 41-49.
Publications – Chapters in Edited Books/ Conference Proceedings
- Two Chapters titled, “Introduction to Organisational Behaviour and Introduction to Individual Behaviour” published as course material for the subject ‘201- Individual and Organisational Behaviour for Waste Management offered for MBA in Waste Management by ‘Mahatma Gandhi National Council for Rural Education (MNCRE), Hyderabad.
- Shankar, S., & Sivapragasam, P. (2014). Drivers of Family Firms Performance and Sustainability in the New Economy: A Review and Research Agenda. In Jayanthi.,Karthik Sundar, K., Arul Prakash, A., Anand, M., and Anitha, S. (eds.), Proceedings of the International Conference on Entrepreneurship for the 21st Century. (pp.1-6). Vellore, Sivam Publications. (ISBN: 978-93-80577-04-3)
- Sivapragasam, P. (2014). CSR in Search of a Structured Approach in India: An Exploratory Study. In M. Soundarapandian (eds.), Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable Development, Volume 2(pp.162-181). New Delhi: Concept Publications. (ISBN: 13: 93-5125-035-7)
- Sivapragasam, P. (2012). HRM in the Knowledge Age: A Review of Literature. In Satish Bendigiri&SacheenMulay (eds.), Perspectives in Human Resource Management (pp. 347-367). Agra: Current Pubications. (ISBN:978-81-89065-62-1)
- Sivapragasam, P., Raya, R.P., &Delina, G. (2012). A Study on the Relationship between Sustainability Environment Practices and HRM: An Exploratory Study among Indian Managers. In Dr. M. Syed Zafar, Dr. S. Arulkumar&Dr. V. Shanmugasundaram (eds.), Human Resource Management in the Knowledge Economy (pp. 132-136). Coimbatore: Bonfring. (ISBN: 978-93-82338-09-3)
- Sivapragasam, P., & Raya, R.P. (2011). Leadership and HRM: Aligning Organizations for Tomorrow. In Dr. C. Madhavi, Dr. M. Sivasubramanian&Dr. S. Rajendran (eds.), Human Resource: Core for Business and Development (pp. 110-114). Chennai: Scitech Publications (India) Pvt. Ltd. (ISBN:978-81-8371-387-0)
Area of Teaching: Human Resource Management & Organizational Behaviour
- Learning & Development
- Organizational Behaviour, Change & Development
- Talent Management
- Inter-Personal Effectiveness
Membership, Consultancies and MDP’s
Member – Association of Indian Management Scholars
- Labour Laws across BRICS: A Review during the ICSSR-Sponsored National Seminar on Globalisation and People’s Management: Battle between Fairness and Efficiency on 30 & 31st August 2018, organized by PG & Research Department of Human Resource Management, St. Joseph’s College (Autonomous), Tiruchirappalli.
- International Consultation on Water: Augmentation of Supply and Management of Demand organized by M.S. Swaminathan Research Foundation (MSSRF) during 7-9th August 2018, Chennai.
- A Conceptual Model of Family Firm Sustainability: A Research Agenda during AIMS Regional Conference on Management Practices for Sustainable Development 2018 on 5th May 2018 at Sri Sai Ram Institute of Management Studies, Chennai.
- The Unchartered Passage: Adolescent Health Concerns in Developing Countries during National Conference on Adolescent Health (AHCON 2015) on 23-24th January 2015 organized by Department of Social Work (Aided), Madras School of Social Work.
- Drivers of Family Firms Performance and Sustainability in the New Economy: A Review and Research Agenda during the Second International Conference on Entrepreneurship & Management Fest (BIZAD 2K14) on 27-28th February 2014, organized by Department of Business Administration and In Association with Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises – MSME.
- HOPE: A Research Agenda during the Seventh International Research Conference 2012 on 28th December 2012, organized by Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai.
- A Study on the Relationship between Sustainability Environmental Practices and HRM during the International Conference on Synchronizing Management Theories and Business Practices: Challenges Ahead on 27-29th July 2012, organized by the Department of Business Administration (IDE).
- A Study on the Healthy Organizational Processes in Indian Organizationin the Sixth International Conference - ATHAENEUM 2012 on 11-12th February 2012, organized by Bharathidasan Institute of Management.
- Green Initiatives in the Workplace: HR’s Perspectives in the International Conference on Corporate and Business Response to Climate Change: From Awareness to Adoption on 7-9th December 2011, organized by the Department of Commerce, Periyar University, Salem.
- Leadership and HRM: Aligning Organizations for Tomorrow during the National Conference on Emerging New Trends in Management Excellence (ENTIME-2011) on 13-14th October 2011, organized by the Department of Management Studies, Sathyabama University, Chennai.
- Managing Knowledge Workers: Role of HRM in the International Conference on Leading Beyond Horizon: Engaging Future on 28-30th July 2011, organized by the Department of Business Administration, Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar, TN.
- The State of CSR in India: A Business Necessity in the International Conference on Excellence in Management Practices on 15th April 2011, organized by Kristu Jayanti College, Bangalore.
- OH: Linking Workplace Practices and Employee Well-being during the International Conference on 11th March 2011, organized by Indus Business Academy, Bangalore.