Dr.Sutar is always passionate in teachinganalytical subjects mostly in Supply Chain Management domain.As an early stage researcher, he is keen to learn and contribute towards well being of the society. In his doctoral study, his dissertation explores the benefits of various operational hedging strategies under the risk of price uncertainty and purposes suitable Procurement Policies. Currently, he is working on Block Chain Technology applied to Supply Chain Management area and open to collaborate with partners from both academia and industry.
Area of Research: Inventory Optimization, Supply Chain Management, Operational Hedging
- Sutar, Goutam., Sarkar, Ashutosh., Misra, Arun., (2016), Procurement under Price Uncertainty: An Analysis of Operational Hedging Strategies,INFORMS Annual Meeting, Nashville, USA.
- Sutar, Goutam., Kumar, Rajnish (2018) Quantitative Model for New Supplier Assessment, Benchmarking: An International Journal. (Accepted & Forthcoming).
- Patel, Bharat Bhusan., Sutar, Goutam., Tiwari, Atul., M, Balaji., Cherian, S. (2018), Designing an Agility Control System (ACS) in an Indian manufacturing organisation, Production Planning & Control (Under Review)
- Sreedharan, R., Sutar, Goutam., (2018), An Ism Approach for The Barrier Analysis in Implementing Service Quality: Residential Sectors, Management Decision (Under Review).
Area of teaching: Quantitative Techniques, Operations Research, Data Analytics, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management.
- Spring: Business Statistics-I & II
- Summer: Management Science & Application, fundamentals of Operations Analytics.
- Society of Operations Management (SoM), India
- Production and Operations Management Society, USA.
MDP& Workshops Conducted:
- Micro econometrics Techniques and Survey Data, June 2018,
Venue: Amrita centre for Economics & Governance, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Amritapuri Campus, Kerala.
- Quantitative data Analysis for Research Methodology, 22-23 April 2016
Venue: Thiagarajar School of Management, Madurai, India.
- 2 Day Hands-on International Workshop on NVIVO 10, collaborated by University of Southern Queensland, Australia, 2 and 3, November 2014. Venue: Thiagarajar School of Management, Madurai, India.
- Resource Person, Statistics for Biologist, MHRD Sponsored Winter School, 2016, Thiagarajar College, Madurai, November 2016.
- Resource Lecture on Stochastic Process in “AICTE sponsored Workshop on Business Analytics techniques for Decision Making”, 23 January – 6 February 2015
Venue: MAM College of Engineering, Trichy, India.
- 2nd International Young Researchers Conclave, 27-29 December,2012, Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar, Gujarat, INDIA.
(Presented my research work along with 35 other Indian participants from universities abroad)
- Sutar, Goutam., (2015), An Analysis of Operational Hedging Strategies under Price Uncertainty, Proceedings of XIX Annual International Conference of Society of Operations Management, IIM Calcutta, Kolkata.
- Sutar, Goutam., Anubala, B., Nandakumar,A.G., (2016), (Iu, Il) Inventory Model: Production Performance Improvement in DMAIC approach, Proceedings ofXX Annual International Conference ofSociety of Operations Management, ABV-IIITM Gwalior , Emerald India, pp 19.
- Sarkar, A., Sutar, Goutam., Misra, Arun., (2017), Operational hedging strategies for mitigating procurement risks due to exchange rate fluctuations, XXI Annual International Conference ofSociety of Operations Management, Ahmedabad University, Gujarat.
- Menon, Anirudh., Sutar, Goutam., Synthetic Cycle Time Analysis and Bottleneck Optimization in An Indian Auto-Components OEM Organisation (2018)International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Data Analytics, Bhubaneswar, Springer CCIS Series. (Best Student Paper award)., Bhubaneswar, Accepted in Springer CCIS Series. (Best Student Paper award).
- Deepak, Sujeeth., Sutar, Goutam., (2018)Do perceptions of Retailers, Influencers, and Customers favor user acceptance of LED Downlighters? A case study with Principal Component Analysis, International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Data Analytics, Bhubaneswar, Accepted Springer CCIS Series.
- Kumar, Karan., Sutar, Goutam., (2018), Warehouse Optimization & Forecasting in Retail Store: A Case-Based Empirical Study of an Indian Conglomerate, International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Data Analytics, Bhubaneswar.
- Sutar, Goutam., Rajaselvam,Milton E., (2016), Material handling improvement in shop floor using Analytical Hierarchy Process, POMS Fourth International Conference on best practices in SCM ,IIE Trivandrum Chapter.
- Sutar,Goutam., Kumara Venkatesh., (2016), Developing a Strategic Operational Excellence Framework for Healthcare Sector, POMS fourth International Conference on best practices in SCM , IIE Trivandrum Chapter.