BalajiSubramanian, is assistant professor in the area of organizational behavior and human resources at Thiagarajar School of Management, Madurai, India. His research interests include innovation, institutional theory, alternative organizations and social entrepreneurship. He is pursuing doctoral studies at Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, India. He has done his post graduate diploma in management (PGDM) from Indian Institute of Management Lucknow and bachelors in engineering from Madras Institute of Technology, Anna University. He has 7 years of industry experience in the areas of business consulting, client relationship management and project management.
Area of Research: Institutional Theory, Alternative Organizations, Social Entrepreneurship
- Pradeep Kumar Hota, Boby Chaitanya Villari&Balaji Subramanian (2018) Developing Platform Ecosystem for Resource Mobilization: The Case of Social Enterprises in India, Journal of Information Technology Case and Application Research, DOI: 10.1080/15228053.2018.1485414
- Hota, P. & Subramanian, B. (2018) Mapping the Intellectual Structure of Social Entrepreneurship Research: A Citation/Co-citation Analysis. Journal of Business Ethics (Second round of review)
- Chaitanya, B., Subramanian, B., Kumar, P., Hota PK. (2018). Do firm growth models work in service industries in developing economies? : An investigation of relationship between firms’ growth, size and age. International Journal of Economics and Business Research (Under review)
- Subramanian, B., &Narayanamurthy, G. (2014).Benchmarking educational objectives of private schools: An empirical examination of vision and mission statements. In Chatterjee, D., Pati, S.P., Rajeev, P.N., & Dhal, M. (Eds), Let’s Learn (pp. 88-107). India: Bloomsbury.
Area of teaching: Organizational Behaviour, Organizational Theory, Human Resources Management
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Learning and Development
- Human Resource Management
- Subramanian, B., Chatterjee, D., & Jacob, M. (2017). Institutional Complexity and Alternative Organizations: An Exploratory Study. British Academy of Management (BAM) Annual Conference, 2017, University of Warwick, United Kingdom
- Subramanian, B., & Chatterjee, D. (2017). Survival of alternative organizations in mature fields: The case of an alternative school in India. 29th Society for the advancement of Socio-Economics (SASE) annual conference, 2017, Université Claude Bernard, France
- Subramanian, B., & Chatterjee, D. (2017).Power and Institutional Fields. 10th Global Studies Conference, 2017, National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore
- Subramanian, B. (2017). ISB-IIMB Doctoral Consortium on Teaching, Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad, India
- Subramanian, B., & Chatterjee, D. (2017).Power and Organizational Fields.6th Asian Management Research and Case Conference (AMRC), 2017, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. (Accepted but not presented)
- Subramanian, B., &Narayanamurthy, G. (2014).Benchmarking educational objectives of private schools: An empirical examination of vision and mission statements. IIMK HR Summit, 2014, IIM K, India. (Won the best paper award)