Dr.V.Pradeep has an experience of more than 12 years in academics. Prior to joining TSM he was with Great Lakes Institute of Management (Chennai) as a Senior Lecturer. He obtained his Ph.D in Economics from Bharathiar University in 2007. After his Ph.D he worked as a post-doctoral researcher at National Central University (Taiwan) and as a Research Assistant Professor at Northwest University, Potchefstroom campus (South Africa). He also had a three-year stint as an Economist at the Society of Integrated Coastal Management (SICOM) under the Ministry of Environment and Forests, New Delhi.
His primary research focuses on productivity and efficiency, FDI, and trade reforms in the manufacturing sector. He also has good teaching experience in the subjects like Micro/Macro Economics and Industrial Economics.
1. International firm activities, R&D and Productivity: Evidence from Indian manufacturing firms, (w/ Mita Bhattacharya and Luke Okafor), Economic Modelling, 2021, Vol.97, pp.1-13. (ABDC: A)
2. Spillover Effects of Research and Development, Exports and Foreign Investment on Productivity: Empirical Evidence from Indian Manufacturing, (w/ Mita Bhattacharya and Jong Rong Chen), Journal of South Asian Development, 2017, Vol.12 (1), pp.18-41.(ABDC: C)
3. Economic Reforms and Employment Growth in India: An Empirical Analysis, (w/ T.Sampathkumar), Arthshastra: Indian Journal of Economics and Research, 2017, Vol.6 (1), pp.35-45.
4. Estimating Total Factor Productivity and its components – Evidence from Manufacturing Sector of Tamilnadu, INDIA, (w/ T.Sampathkumar) Indian Journal of Applied Research, 2016, Vol.6 (8), pp.39-44.
5. Productivity, Technical Progress and Scale Efficiency in Indian Manufacturing: Post Reform Performance (w/ Ewert Kleynhans) Journal of Economic and Financial Sciences, 2013, Vol.6 (2), pp.479-494.
6. Measuring Productivity Growth, Efficiency Change and Technical Progress in Small Scale Firms in India during Pre and Post Reform Periods (w/ Jong Rong Chen), The Journal of Economic Policy Reform, 2012, Vol.15 (2), pp.153-169. (ABDC: B)
Reviewer in Regional Science Policy and Practice (Wiley), Journal of the Operational Research Society (Taylor & Francis)
Member, American Marketing Association
• Reviewer for Journal of Business Research. The Journal of Business Research is a highly
respected journal and it is ranked category “A” as per ABDC journal rankings
• Conducted and presented Brown Bag seminars in Faculty Forum at Great Lakes Institute of
• Member, IRB (Institutional Review Board) at Great Lakes Institute of Management.